I have been practicing family law exclusively since graduating from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 1984. Before entering law school I earned a Masters Degree from Xavier University and a bachelor’s degree from Miami University.
I have confined my law practice to family law matters since becoming a lawyer. After many years of engaging in litigation, it is my preference, whenever possible, to attempt to negotiate an out-of–court settlement. This provides certainty for the client and, in most cases, reduces the emotional damage that litigation can create. Clients are able to determine their priorities and work toward a resolution in which their goals will be met.
I am a collaboratively-trained attorney, and was a founding member of our Cincinnati collaborative group in the late 1990’s. Many of my clients are people who want to work with an attorney who will act as a collaborator with their spouse (and his or her attorney), rather than as an adversary. These clients are searching for an alternative which will focus on their children or are hoping for a respectful process.
I strive to be conscientious in all areas, including ethically and in my work product. I will almost always return a phone call in the same day or within 24 hours. I make it a point to keep a client informed of all developments in their case. This includes sending copies of all substantive correspondence that comes into my office or out of my office. My hope is that my clients always feel supported and confident in the representation they are receiving, and that I am addressing their concerns. While it is easy to establish what would be important to me in a settlement, I will not impose my priorities on a client. My clients should feel empowered to make sound decisions after receiving the legal advice that is needed.
As a member of the Grievance Committee of the Cincinnati Bar Association for approximately 20 years, I am keenly aware of the ethical and professional standards required of an attorney. Treating my clients, opposing counsel and the court with respect and dignity is the highest of priorities.
- Named Cincinnati Family Law Lawyer of the Year in the 2012 Best Lawyers Directory.
- Recognized as a “Best Lawyer” in Family Law, as voted by her peers, since 1995.
- Named as a Ohio Super Lawyer in Family Law every year that the list has been published in Cincinnati Magazine.
- Founding member of the Cincinnati Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- Former chairperson of Cincinnati Domestic Relations Committee of the Cincinnati Bar Association.
- Long-standing member of the Cincinnati Bar Association Committee of Grievances and Attorney Discipline.
- Frequent speaker on family law and attorney professionalism.
- Beth Silverman & Associates LLC has been recognized in the 2016 edition of the U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® ranking of the “Best Law Firms” in the country. The firm also received a Best Lawyers regional Tier 1 ranking in Family Law for the Cincinnati metropolitan area.